Thank you for your interest in speaking at TEDxBozeman 2017!
Due to overwhelming interest from highly qualified individuals, we've decided to use an application process for the event. In order to be considered as a speaker or performer at the 2017 TEDxBozeman event, please apply by clicking below. Submissions will be accepted through November 11, 2016.
We're accepting applications from anyone with an amazing story to share, including, but not limited to:
- Artists (Video, Drawing, Painting, Design, etc.)
- Business People
- Authors and Poets
- Natural Resource and Environmental Professionals
- Agricultural Professionals
Please submit the following:
- Contact Information
- Proposed Talk Title
- Expected length of talk (max 18 min.) NOTICE: Depending on the final schedule that is put in place after all presenters are selected, your maximum allotted time may change. Most presentations are limited to 8-10 mins.
- 90 second "elevator pitch" (video or audio)
- Resume or CV (single page)
This year we are trying out a new format for applications. Instead of filling out a standard list of questions, we decided to challenge applicants by requiring everyone to submit a 90 second (max) "elevator pitch" for yourself and your talk (audio or video files only). We encourage you to be creative and show us your personality! Convince us why your idea is worth spreading. Your pitch MUST include the following:
- Topic Pitch (overview/description of your proposed talk/topic/performance and your presentation methodology)
- Bio/Background (description of who you are & how you are an expert in your field or topic of interest)
- Bozeman and/or Montana Connection (our one requirement for presenters is for each to have some sort of a connection to Bozeman and/or Montana. Please briefly describe your connection to the area.)
- Remember: Audio or Video files only - 90 seconds maximum
TEDxBozeman 2017 Theme: "Elevate"
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." -Henry David Thoreau
This application process is extremely competitive.
We will select less than two dozen of the applications we receive. Even if you aren’t chosen this year, we hope that you’ll continue to apply for future years and that you’ll attend the event.
Good luck to you all!
- TEDxBozeman Volunteer Team
YOU MUST AGREE TO THESE TERMS TO BE CONSIDERED AS A PRESENTER:
Before committing to this process, we want to make sure you are aware of some of the guidelines we will have in place for our speakers and performers:
- Event to take place Saturday, April 8, 2017. More details coming soon.
- Final speaker selection to be announced in early December 2016.
- All participants are expected to attend the full event and any activities afterwards.
- A mandatory rehearsal will be held in the venue the day before the event (Friday, April 7, 2017).
- The deadline for outlines and electronic support material will be in the beginning of March. All talks must be nearly finalized at this point.
- Practice sessions will be scheduled in the months leading up to the event with a team in place to help you polish your presentations. You must attend at least two sessions (in-person or via video chat) before the March talk deadline.
We have put these and other guidelines in place to help our participants create the best possible talks and performances. If you are selected, we will require you to sign a full presenter contract to show your commitment to TEDxBozeman.
Questions? Ask us at email@example.com.