Thank you for your interest in speaking/performing at TEDxBozeman 2019!
In order to be considered as a speaker or performer for the 2019 TEDxBozeman event, please apply by creating an account, and filling out the application form. Submissions will be accepted through December 30, 2018.
We are accepting applications from anyone with an amazing story to share, including, but not limited to:
- Artists (Video, Drawing, Painting, Design, etc.)
- Business People
- Authors and Poets
- Natural Resource and Environmental Professionals
- Agricultural Professionals
TEDxBozeman 2019 Application
In addition to a standard list of questions and a single page Resume/CV, this application will require the submission of a 90 second (max) "Elevator Pitch" for your talk - video and audio files ONLY. We encourage you to be creative and show us your personality! Convince us why your idea is worth spreading. Your elevator pitch MUST include the following:
- Speakers: Topic Pitch (What is the big idea you would like to share, and what is the take-away you wish the audience to leave with? Why is the topic relevant to this stage, this time, and our local and global communities?)
- Performers: Performance sample. (Consider this a short audition that gives us an understanding of what you do. The specifics of your performance can be finalized if you are selected)
For more ideas on what our selection committee will be looking for on your video pitch, check out this post on our website.
TEDxBozeman 2019 Theme: Untapped
“In an age of exponential change, we need the power of diverse thinking, and we cannot afford to leave any talent untapped.” - Cathy Engelbert (CEO of Deloitte)
For TEDxBozeman 2019, we are looking for untapped ideas worth sharing. We hope that our event will provide a platform for individuals to share their knowledge, experiences, and unique understanding of the world in which we live.
Every day, opportunities, ideas, visions and resources go untapped. At our 2019 event, we will start a meaningful conversation in our community that will incorporate these untapped concepts and how they can shed light on the way we, as a society, find grounding, adapt, and progress.
This application process is extremely competitive. Last year we received over 70 applications and accepted only 15. If you aren’t chosen this year, we hope you’ll continue to apply for future years and be able to attend this year’s event.
Good luck to you all!
- TEDxBozeman Volunteer Team
YOU MUST AGREE TO THESE TERMS TO BE CONSIDERED AS A SPEAKER/PERFORMER:
Before committing to this process, we want to make sure you are aware of some of the guidelines we will have in place for our speakers and performers:
- Event to take place Saturday, April 13, 2019. More details coming soon.
- All participants are expected to attend the full event and any scheduled activities before and after the event.
- A mandatory full rehearsal will be held in the venue the day before the event (Friday, April 12, 2019).
- The deadline for outlines and electronic support material will be in the beginning of March. All talks must be nearly finalized at this point.
- Practice sessions will be scheduled in the months leading up to the event with a team in place to help you polish your presentations. You must attend review sessions (in-person or via video chat) before the March talk deadline.
We have put these and other guidelines in place to help our participants create the best possible talks and performances. If you are selected, we will require you to sign a full presenter contract to show your commitment to TEDxBozeman.
Questions or limitations due to the elevator pitch? Ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org.